Car Battery Service, Repair & Replacement in Calgary, AB
Battery Service at Charlesglen Toyota
Your battery is the heart of your vehicle, and thus is important to the performance of your car, truck or SUV’s important functions. You need to keep up on your battery, ensuring it’s operating in peak health and properly able to power all of your Toyota or off-make vehicle’s vital systems. We’ve compiled some tips to look out for on how long an auto battery may last, when it may be on its last legs, and why Toyota premium batteries are so important. Our service department at Charlesglen Toyota in Calgary is fit to service, repair or replace your battery, so when your vehicle needs energizing, come see us!
How Long Does a Car Battery Last?
A good vehicle battery can last anywhere between 3-5 years, depending on your driving habits, but there is no fixed amount of time as to when you should get your car battery replaced. You can easily look on the battery itself to find a manufacturer date, so you’ll know when it was made, and roughly how much time you have and when to really pay attention to it and any dips in performance. While having a battery in poor health can still run your vehicle fine, it can come with many challenges, such as being harder to start in winter, between long periods not driving, and its ability to recharge.
How Do I Know If I Need a New Car Battery?
There are many signs to look out for that may signal it’s time to get a new battery for your Toyota. Read through our list below, and if any apply to you, it’s time to bring your vehicle into our service department for an inspection, and possible battery replacement.
- If you’ve had your battery for the last 3 – 5 years.
- If your battery has extended past its set warranty period.
- If your vehicle takes longer to start than usual.
- If the lights inside your vehicle aren’t working, or are dimmer than usual.
- If the temperature controls aren’t working properly.
- If you’ve had to jump-start it or needed to use a portable charger.
- If your battery is corroded, which may also give off a bad smell.
Why Choose Genuine Toyota Premium Batteries?
Toyota Replacement Battery Warranty
When you need a battery replacement, Charlesglen Toyota has got you covered thanks to our top-of-the-line replacement batteries. If you get a Toyota replacement battery installed by us, you’re covered under warranty with parts and labour for 24 months. If you purchased over-the-counter and didn’t get it installed with us, only the battery is covered by a 12 month warranty.
What our Toyota Battery Warranty Doesn't Cover
- If your battery has been opened, dropped or cracked.
- If your battery has been contaminated or frozen.
- If your battery has received physical damage in any way.
- If your battery has failed due to using an incorrect electrolyte.
- The recharging of any discharged battery.
- If your battery has been damaged due to the result of overcharging
- If the warranty plaque on the battery has been altered or damaged in any way.